Class of 2015 Profile: Caroline Weller Administers Projects in Greensboro

Name: Caroline Weller

Hometown: Harrisburg, North Carolina

Major: Weller graduated with a B.A. in Human Relations on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Weller accepted a position as a Project Administrator at Lincoln Financial Group in Greensboro, North Carolina. In her position, Weller will help facilitate the release of new products in Lincoln Financial’s Life and Annuities department.

How HPU helped you get there: “The internship component in the HR major really helped develop me professionally. During my college career, I had time to gain experience in several organizations, and the opportunities to work in the real world were invaluable. Also, Career & Internship Services helped me put together my resume when I was a sophomore. Although my credentials have developed, I was able to easily add to the foundation I had already started.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Sarah Nielsen was one of the best professors I’ve ever had. I always felt like I could contribute to the discussion in her classes, which made learning the material personal and relevant. She is incredibly kind and smart, and definitely someone I consider a role model for my career as a professional woman.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Two of my accounting professors, George Noxon and Dr. Ross Roberts, reached out to me about a potential job opportunity after having been out of their classes for several months. It was so great that they remembered me and my future goals even though I was no longer in their classes. I’ve had such great, encouraging professors all throughout my four years here.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Use your connections! Get your foot in the door however you can, and grow from there. I got my first internship by talking to an HPU alum at a culture night at 1924 Prime. I never would have thought that a steak dinner would lead to such a great opportunity.”