Class of 2015 Outcomes: Casey Schoenholtz Starts Sports Marketing Career

Name: Casey Schoenholtz

Hometown: Hopewell, New Jersey

Major: Schoenholtz graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication, with a minor in Sport Management, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Schoenholtz accepted a position as an Account Trainee for Events at Genesco Sports Enterprises in Rye, New York. In her position, Schoenholtz will support corporate clients through the implementation and execution of 100+ events that will help enhance Genesco’s engagement activation program.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has given me the ability to flourish both in and out of the traditional classroom setting. My major and minor classes have exposed me to the fundamentals of each industry and given me insights I need to execute in the real world. That execution has come to fruition with the help of the Career and Internship Services office – they have always found the time to fine-tune my resume and connect me with new opportunities. This university has helped me become an extraordinary student. Whether it be what to wear, how to approach new situations or simply the attitude I must carry, this university has shaped me into a person ready for the professional world.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “All the faculty and staff I have encountered at HPU have had a impact upon my life, but Dr. Jennifer Lukow sparked my interest in the sport management field. Her mentorship continued outside of the classroom where she always encouraged me to reach out to new people in order to build relationships that could carry over into my professional life. Dr. Lukow has also empowered me to set out on a professional course that will hopefully lead to a change in the gender discrepancy in the sport industry.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was during my senior capstone campaign’s class presentation. The presentation signified a culmination of four years of incredibly hard work that have brought me to this point. There is where I realized how much I have grown as a person – and I have my professors, classes, sorority and study abroad experiences to thank for that.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Consider any opportunity that presents itself to you because you never know where it might lead to or who it might help you meet. Whenever you take an opportunity, always make sure that you work your hardest in order to prove yourself, and continue to work hard even if you think no one is watching you.”