Class of 2015 Outcomes: Kayleigh O’Brien Lands Job With Dell

Name: Kayleigh O’Brien

Hometown: Lenox, Massachusetts

Major: O’Brien graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with minors in Accounting and Economics, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: O’Brien accepted a position as a Financial Analysis Senior Analyst through Dell’s Finance Development Program in Austin, Texas. The two-year rotational program will provide O’Brien the opportunity to learn and perform four different jobs in different areas of finance.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me in many ways. Career and Internship Services helped me edit my resume, cover letters and LinkedIn profile. My classes have given me a wide range of knowledge across different areas of business, and my study abroad experience in Italy gave me a new perspective on the world and other cultures.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Professor Larry Quinn. Professor Quinn is extremely passionate about what he does, and genuinely cares about his students. He takes the time to meet with students outside the classroom to talk about classwork, job prospects or even life in general. He gives his classes real-world advice on how to get ahead.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My entire experience at HPU has been impactful and shaped who I am today. Taking advantage of all HPU has to offer including speakers, on-campus and off-campus activities, 1924 Prime, PSB Student Advisory Board, study abroad, Greek life, Peer Mentors, the orientation crew… it’s all given me business advice, adventure, leadership and worldly experiences, and showed me that hard work and experiences lead to success.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of everything HPU has to offer. There are a multitude of clubs and organizations to get involved in and gain leadership experience. Secondly, utilize Career and Internship Services early and often. Everyone in the office is incredibly friendly and helpful and really go the extra mile to help with resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn and mock interviews.”