Class of 2015 Outcomes: Krista Willard Produces Content at CBS Interactive

Name: Krista Willard

Hometown: Midlothian, Virginia

Major: Willard graduated with a B.A. in Communication, with a concentration in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Political Science, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Willard accepted a position as an Associate Content Producer for CBS Interactive, the leader in the production and management of collegiate athletic sites, in San Diego, California. In her position, Willard will work in a team assigned to specific schools to update and maintain their athletic sites and create promotional graphics while monitoring live events and communicating with various athletic departments across the country.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has encouraged me to learn to work outside of my comfort zone during my time as a student-journalist and as a member of the cross country and track teams.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have met so many great people here at High Point and I don’t think that I could pick any one person. I do know that all credit is to due to my parents though, because without them these last four years would not have been possible. My parents have become my greatest motivators and source for inspiration. They have given me the world and I am eternally grateful for their unwavering support to conquer anything.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Winning two cross country conference titles; the first my freshman year and the other my senior year. Distance running has taught me intangible skills that will carry me through my professional career such as: self-motivation, time-management and self-discipline. All of these qualities have helped me learn to rise to the occasion and to be confident in my abilities at all times.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Fight for what you want because nothing worthy will be handed to you. The networking process taught me the importance of confidently communicating who I was and what I wanted to a wide variety of influencers. I also learned the importance of rejection, because it only made me hungrier for what I wanted.”