Class of 2015 Profile: Lauren Evans Works Toward PharmD

Name: Lauren Evans

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Major: Evans graduated with a degree in Biology on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Evans will work toward her Doctorate of Pharmacy at the Wingate University School of Pharmacy in Wingate, North Carolina. After receiving her Pharm.D., Evans plans to pursue a career as a pharmacist.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through the help of the biology department, advising and Dr. Buddy Lingle, I was able to prepare early in the classes I would need to take for pharmacy school. My teachers have always been very caring and willing to do anything to help me achieve my goal of getting accepted into pharmacy school. Being at High Point University I was able to get a pharmacy technician position in High Point during the school year where I met my mentor and was truly able to feel out the career. This experience reinforced my love for pharmacy and made me realize this career path is the right one for me.

I began using Career & Internship Services my freshman year working with Bridget Holcombe. She helped me apply for internships and helped me with my resume. My senior year I worked with Elizabeth Walker and she helped me with my application for pharmacy school and preparing for interviews. Career & Internship Services is a wonderful resource and I would encourage everyone to use it!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor is Bridget Holcombe. She never gave up on me and always believed in me, even when I lost faith in myself. My successes became her successes and she was always there to cheer me on.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The moment I met my best friends LaBeverly Hooks and Tesia Harrison and realized I have made lifelong friends. They have been with me all four years of my undergraduate journey. Finding this type of friendship and creating the memories over these years really made High Point University feel like home. The memories I have made at this university I will carry with me for life.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Follow your passion and do not let anyone or anything stop you from achieving success. Even when it seems like your vision will not work out, trust yourself. Your inner strength will come out and you will realize anything is possible with a strong faith in God and hard work. Do not doubt yourself and your ability to achieve greatness.”