Class of 2015 Outcomes: Mackenzie Allred Runs Printology Letterpress

Name: MacKenzie Allred

Hometown: High Point, North Carolina

Major: Allred graduated with a B.A. in Graphic Design and Digital Imaging on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Allred will continue to run Printology Letterpress, her commercial print business in High Point. “When I’m at the studio I’m normally working on design work for clients, managing Printology’s social media, creating marketing materials, or printing. I’d like to connect with local people in the wedding, design, and business industry to help expand Printology. I am also looking to have other local small businesses carry some of my stationary and greeting card lines.”

How HPU helped you get there: “I think what prepares students for success at High Point is the exceptional faculty and their willingness to support and help students. The professors in the graphic design department really helped guide me in opening my own business and encouraged me to pursue my dream.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Several people in the School of Art and Design as well as in the entrepreneurship and marketing departments have given me advice and supported me through the whole process of starting my own business. My biggest supporter, critic and mentor has been Professor Janis Dougherty who teaches graphic design. She has encouraged me to pursue what I love and given me guidance.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Find something that you love, and if you can make money doing it then do it! If you are doing something that you love then you’ll never work a day in your life.”