Class of 2015 Profile: Molly House Dives Into Event Management

Name: Molly House

Hometown: Winter Garden, Florida

Major: House graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: House accepted a position as an Account Manager at 360 Destination Group in Miami, Florida. In her position, House will work with clients to create and coordinate the vision for their corporate event.

How HPU helped you get there: “Without the individualized education that I got at HPU, I would have never had the confidence or the preparation to apply and successfully interview for post-graduation positions. At High Point University, I never felt like a number. I can’t say that I remember a time during my four years where I met someone who did not help me along the way. The extraordinary environment at HPU motivates you to be your best possible self and pushes you to reach beyond your comfort zone.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I met with Career Services during my freshman year which ended up being one of the best things I could have done for myself. Because of this, I created a relationship with one of the career advisers, Bridget Holcombe, who helped me through each of my years at HPU. Whether it was fixing my resume or prepping me for a huge job interview, I always felt like she truly cared about my success. Right after I got this job with 360 Destination Group, a peer sent an email to Career Services to inform them of my recent decision. About 30 minutes later, around 7pm at night, I had an email from Bridget wanting to hear all about my offer. That personalized attention is just one of the many examples that shows how much High Point University cares about its students. Bridget was a phenomenal mentor throughout my time at High Point University.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was a few months ago when I was notified that I would be receiving the 2014-2015 Distinguished Business Administration Student award. To be honest, I had no idea the award existed and when I received the email, I was completely shocked. Not only was this award based on GPA; it was also based on my participation in class and the impression I made on my professors. To know that I was chosen based on my character gave me a true sense of accomplishment.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always remember that everything happens for a reason. Something may not happen the way you wish but I guarantee it will lead you to the right path. Additionally, truly consider every opportunity that is presented to you. High Point does a great job of allowing you to be involved in whatever you wish. Because of this, make sure to never take for granted the opportunities that come your way. You never know what could lead to your next job, location or dream.”