Class of 2015 Outcomes: Ryan Brothers Joins US Army Armor School

Name: Ryan Brothers

Hometown: Orlando, Florida

Major: Brothers graduated with a B.A. in Criminal Justice on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Brothers will join the Armor Basic Officer Leadership Course, the introductory skills course for United States Army Cavalry and Armor Second and First Lieutenants, located at the United States Army Armor School in Fort Benning, Georgia.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point provided me with resources, great study facilities, employment opportunities, volunteer opportunities, and professors/faculty that truly are there to help whenever I needed it. They gave me the ability to excel and provided me the tools to achieve my goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors were 1LT’s James Garrity and Josh Stutts, class of 2013. They both were in ROTC from High Point and have always been a phone call or text message away throughout my college career. They assisted me with opportunities on campus, gave me people to look up to, and have impacted a lot of my decisions for my career.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Being Battalion Commander in ROTC has given me a great deal of responsibility and a different perspective on leadership. It showed me that building a team and having trust within your subordinates is the foundation for success.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of all the volunteer opportunities that High Point has to offer. Volunteering and being involved is not only great to help open your eyes to the world and humble you, but it will also help you make friends. To prepare for life after college try and learn as much as you can and find a mentor who will put you on the correct path.”