Class of 2015 Outcomes: Ryan Kaika Sells for HP

Name: Ryan Kaika

Hometown: Marlborough, Connecticut

Major: Kaika graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Kaika accepted a position as a Technology Services Sales Associate at Hewlett-Packard in Roseville, California.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point provided me with an extraordinary amount of networking opportunities, which led to many possible avenues of employment. The first time I met with Career Services was freshman year. During my first meeting they essentially pulled a personalized resume out of thin air and I am very thankful for that. Throughout the years they have helped me strengthen my resume, as well as my networking skills – especially through my LinkedIn page.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “For me, this comes down to two of the best teachers and mentors I’ve ever had: Professor Larry Quinn and Professor Randy Moser. Through their sales classes as well as multiple trips with them to sales competitions, I have learned invaluable information, not only in terms of my education, but also lessons that have benefited me as an individual.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The point in which I started to see promise in my future began with the Professional Selling Club. Through this club I have learned extremely beneficial selling techniques, which have been shown to be useful beyond the field of sales but in life in general.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved in a club. For me it was the professional Selling Club, but it may be any of the clubs at High Point. My main pitch for the Selling Club is that sales skills are useful in every aspect of life, whether you think so or not. In terms of being successful, remain humble but always be confident in yourself. Whatever your upbringings may be, always be thankful for what you have and never forget this. On the other hand, be confident in whatever you do, as it has been proven that confidence breeds success. Always remember ‘You Get What You Give.’ If you give generosity, you will receive it; if you give loyalty, you will have loyal friends, and so on and so forth.”