Class of 2015 Outcomes: Stephanie Pazulski Progresses to Law School

Name: Stephanie Pazulski

Hometown: Severn, Maryland

Major: Pazulski graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Criminal Justice on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Pazulski will attend graduate school at Elon University School of Law in Greensboro, North Carolina.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me achieve my goals by providing me with a constant, enduring support system and surrounding me with so many people that truly care. The professors at HPU helped me prepare for the future by challenging me to look at problems from a different perspective and by genuinely taking an interest in my dreams and goals.

I utilized Career and Internship services by attending the first-ever law school fair on campus this spring, which helped me narrow down my choices and eventually choose Elon. Dr. Scott Ingram, my pre-law advisor and member of the Criminal Justice Department, also gave me advice and guidance throughout the process of applying and choosing a law school, and was there to assist me with everything along the way, especially the LSAT and applications.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been professor Larry Quinn. We first met in class, Sales in the Dynamic Environment, and right away his positive energy and enthusiasm was contagious. The most important lessons he taught me were how to pitch my resume to others, to be proud of my accomplishments, and to believe in myself. He prepared me for interviews and showed me how to take personal characteristics and experiences and turn them into marketable skills that are appealing to potential employers. Professor Quinn was instrumental in my acceptance to law school and I will take all that I have learned from him about professionalism and apply it to my education and career in the future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “There hasn’t been one moment in particular, but I would say my most impactful experience at HPU has been competing as a member of the women’s lacrosse team and proudly representing this university for the past four years. I am so honored and grateful to have had the opportunity to put on a High Point University jersey and exemplify the values of integrity, determination and respect that have been instilled in me by this incredible university and everyone I’ve met here. I’ve been so lucky to play with an amazing group of teammates who will be my best friends for the rest of my life.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Find something that you enjoy and are passionate about, and surround yourself with people that believe in you. Make lasting relationships with your classmates and professors because there are so many people at HPU who will invest in your success and help you along the way. Take advantage of your time here and make the most of every moment, because these years will shape the rest of your life and the memories you make here will hopefully be some of your greatest.”