Student Is Greensboro Fashion Week’s Official Blogger

HIGH POINT, N.C., June 25, 2015 – DJ Hargrave’s summer internship provides a behind-the-scenes look into the fashion industry and brings him one step closer to a career as a writer and stylist. The High Point University rising sophomore and Winston-Salem native is the official blogger for Greensboro Fashion Week 2015, which will take place Sept. 16-19.

The opportunity gives Hargrave, a business administration major, the chance to blend his love of fashion with his practical business sense and training in entrepreneurship. Throughout the summer, he will interview designers, stylists, models and sponsors and turn those interviews into blog posts leading up to the event.

Hargrave, who writes his own style blog, became interested in blogging during a Freshman Year Seminar, “Talking about Freedom: Civil Rights, Constitutional Culture and the First Amendment,” at HPU.

“We had to keep a blog running throughout the semester for the course,” Hargrave explains. “I learned the benefits of having a personal blog, and I thought I’d give professional blogging a shot. As a result, I received this internship, and I get to work with clothing brands from across the world through the blog.”

Hargrave says this internship will have a direct impact on his future as he begins to build a professional network. His career plans include writing full time for a fashion blog and serving as a stylist and brand ambassador.

“This internship has given me the chance to network with local leaders in the fashion industry,” says Hargrave. “I’m getting hands-on experience and backstage access in the industry that I plan to immerse myself in when I graduate.”

Hargrave’s work can be viewed at www.greensborofashionweek.com, www.tailormade-style.com and on Instagram at @tailormadedj.