Class of 2015 Outcomes: Anna Wurster Oversees Marketing for Big Rock Sports

Name: Anna Wurster

Hometown: Sparta, North Carolina

Major: Wurster graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication, with a minor in Human Relations, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Wurster accepted a position as a Marketing Coordinator at Big Rock Sports – the largest outdoor sporting goods distributor in North America – in Graham, North Carolina. In her position, Wurster coordinates and assists with the marketing activities at Big Rock Sports. Her responsibilities include project management, advertising, printing, project execution and initiatives that support the short and long term marketing strategy of the company.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU really is an ‘inspiring environment with caring people.’ HPU offers so many useful resources and the professors truly care about your success. The Communications program in particular was fantastic, and as a result, I feel well-prepared for my new career.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Barbara Prestwood was my most impactful professor during my time at HPU. She was great at providing real-world examples and presenting the information in an interesting way. I find myself applying the lessons I learned in her Advanced Leadership class to my life every day.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to study abroad in Prague, Czech Republic. This was a huge step outside of my comfort zone, but it was an incredible and life-changing experience. HPU gave me the opportunity to see the world and gave me memories that I will never forget.

Advice for underclassmen: “The job hunt is stressful, and at times discouraging. I think it’s really important to not give up. Make sure your resume stands out and your portfolio is professional. Most importantly, make an impression. I hand-delivered my resume and portfolio to several potential workplaces, rather than emailing it. Also, send a thank-you note after any interviews. This will make a positive impact on your potential employer. By taking the time to go the extra mile, you will set yourself apart from others.