Class of 2015 Outcomes: Danielle Turo Lands Dream Job with David Tutera

Name: Danielle Turo

Hometown: Holbrook, New York

Major: Turo graduated with a B.A. in Communication, with a minor in Marketing, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Turo accepted a position as a Creative and Event Coordinator at David Tutera in New York City. She previously completed an event planning internship with the celebrity wedding planner and bridal fashion designer. In her position as the Creative and Event Coordinator, Turo works with licensees on various product lines; develops tips and acts as on-set designer for David’s TV appearances on shows such as Rachel Ray, The View, etc.; works with the web development team to redesign and update existing David Tutera company website with original content; assists in the planning and coordination of events; and more.

How HPU helped you get there: “The ways in which High Point University has helped me succeed are endless. I was inspired inside and outside of the classroom to reach my fullest potential. Every day I was learning something new whether it was from a professor, classmate, friend or President Nido Qubein himself. HPU has given me the skills and techniques needed to stand out in any professional situation, and I am forever thankful to have attended this incredible institution.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Throughout my time at HPU I have had many great mentors. However, Dr. Bobby Hayes is one that I will never forget. Hayes’ door was always open. He never hesitated to encourage me during struggling times, answer my endless questions, applaud my accomplishments and constantly remind me about little life lessons.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU happened during my breaks from home. Whether I was at a formal dinner, at an interview or everyday interactions, I found myself using the skills learned from my entire experience at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Never settle for anything less than your fullest potential. It shouldn’t be about meeting the bare minimum or what is required of you; it’s about pushing yourself to the best of your abilities, and to a place that makes you proud of your accomplishments. One day you’ll look back and be glad that you worked as hard as you did.”