Student Interns at Top Athletic Footwear Company

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 15, 2015 – High Point University rising senior Graham Billings is exploring the world of sports communication through his summer internship at Reebok International Ltd. in Canton, Massachusetts.

Billings, originally from Marblehead, Massachusetts, works as the global social media intern for Reebok. There he distributes content and promotes the Reebok brand through a variety of social media platforms.

“Our mission is to be a click away from our consumers so that we can make their Reebok experience one of a kind,” says Billings.

Billings credits his success at Reebok to HPU. He says his knowledge of all social media platforms as well as his interview and professional skills were learned from his professors.

“Dr. Jenny Lukow would do mock interviews with me to help prepare me for the interviews I was going to have for internships,” says Billings. “I credit a lot of my success to the professional skills she taught me in and outside of the classroom.”

With a major in electronic media and minor in sport management, Billings hopes to work in sports media following graduation, whether it be with a brand, franchise or network.

“I grew up a Boston Red Sox fan, and going to those games I learned to appreciate the history of the game and the ambience that came when I walked into Fenway Park,” says Billings. “The best thing about sports is being a part of something that is bigger than yourself.”