Class of 2015 Profile: Maggie Mirkin Generates Sales

Name: Maggie Mirkin

Hometown: Ashton, Maryland

Major: Mirkin graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Mirkin accepted a position as a lead generation sales associate at Netsertive, a technology and digital marketing intelligence company and Google Premier SMB Partner in Morrisville, North Carolina. Netsertive combines advanced technology with deep knowledge of specific vertical industries, partnering closely with local businesses, multi-location retailers and national brands to drive sales opportunities in their targeted local markets throughout North America.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University is incredible. It truly does have an extremely inspiring and motivational environment. High Point taught me to never give up on my goals. I learned from the faculty, my classmates and Dr. Nido Qubein in many different ways. I am so thankful that I was able to attend this university. I entered as a freshman, ready to get an education, and I left with a family.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “It is impossible to just choose one professor at High Point, but I would like to highlight Professor Larry Quinn. Professor Quinn taught me not only about selling and marketing, but about life. He always makes his students feel comfortable. He inspired me to always strive to be the best I could possibly be. Professor Quinn, thank you for everything you taught me! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work with you.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I was sitting at graduation in May, I realized how much I truly learned from High Point University, and how grateful I am to be able to say that I attended such a wonderful school.

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of everything High Point has to offer, inside and outside of the classroom. Four years goes by very quickly, so enjoy it while you can! It is an amazing place with great opportunities!