Class of 2015 Outcomes: Rachael Bozsik Secures Her Success

Name: Rachael Bozsik

Hometown: Albany, New York

Major: Bozsik graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Entrepreneurship, with a minor in Home Furnishings, on May 9.

Bozsik interned with Phillips Collection during the 2015 spring High Point Market.

Post-graduation plans: Bozsik accepted a position with the marketing team for Phillips Collection, a high-end, contemporary furniture manufacturer in High Point. In her position, Bozsik works as a brand ambassador for the company as she networks and pitches the company’s line to be purchased by five star hotels, upscale department stores, magazines and movie sets. She also serves as the press liaison and submits stories and photographs of the designs to top national design publications.

Additionally, beginning this fall, Bozsik will roll out her own part-time consulting business. She seeks to help other students define and identify their own personal brand to prepare for the networking and job interviews that students face upon graduation.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point is just different. It is its own unique brand in itself and offers students countless opportunities to step out of their comfort zones. My entrepreneurship classes focused on pitching yourself; 1924 PRIME taught me etiquette skills; Seth Godin held a seminar about being unique and thinking outside of the box… the list goes on and on. All of these unique experiences allowed me to truly figure out myself, my strengths and what I had to offer the world. What other university do you know that has a president as motivating and inspiring as we do?!

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. John Turpin teaches the History of Architecture classes and makes them extremely relevant for after college life. I was a business student taking an interior design course with really creative design students. He put together projects where we could all have a chance to share our talents. We created and ‘designed’ a modern hotel in Dubai… selected fabrics, created an inspiration board and pitched our concept/budget to the class. It was Donald-Trump-apprentice-style and I loved it! It allowed me to work with creative individuals, learn from them and also share the opportunity to pitch/propose. Dr. Turpin and I continue to stay in touch as he now supports and guides me in my professional career.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Due to a family emergency, my parents were not able to help move me in on my first day at High Point as a freshman. I shipped all of my clothes and flew from New York by myself. I was really really scared because the closest person I knew lived in Virginia. I cannot tell you how welcoming the HPU staff was. My peer mentor met me upon my arrival, and my RA helped me unpack my boxes. It was one of my personal ‘a-ha’ self growth moments and I could not have done it without the HPU team supporting me.

Advice for underclassmen: “You only can use the ‘student card’ for four years… everyone wants to help a student. So use this time to intern! Network! Pick up the phone and call your dream boss and ask them about how they got to where they are today. Find a way to put your foot in the door and talk to as many people as you can. NOW is your opportunity to build your network. Don’t be scared; the worst someone can say is ‘no.’