Freshmen Profile: Twins Eager for Future at HPU

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Twins Josh and Greg Allen are among the incoming Class of 2019; find out why they both chose HPU below. 

Name: Josh and Greg Allen

Hometown: Honeoye Falls, New York

High school attended: Honeoye Falls-Lima High School in Honeoye Falls, New York

Accomplishments: Josh is a member of the National Honor Society, the Spanish National Honor Society and the Math Club. As a scholar athlete, he played varsity baseball and was the captain of the varsity baseball team in high school. Josh is older than his brother by 17 minutes.

Greg also played football and varsity baseball throughout high school, playing as a wide receiver and a catcher. When he was a sophomore, Greg received the Character Counts award from his high school athletic department. The award testified that on and off of the football field, Greg represented the Honeoye Falls Lima school district in a positive light; showing character, integrity and heart at every opportunity.

Josh’s major: Exercise Science

Greg’s major: Biology

Why Josh chose HPU: “The main reason I chose HPU is because of the fantastic people who make up the High Point student body and staff. I felt like I was treated like a valued member of the community, and that made all the difference to me!”

Why Greg chose HPU: “I have chosen a High Point education for several reasons. Following my brother’s initial requests we toured Duke University, Wake Forest University and Vanderbilt University; afterwards I was quite lost as to where I would end up. We then toured High Point, and I knew exactly where I would spend the next four years. From Dr. Qubein to the admissions staff, every single person on the High Point campus displays character, professionalism and a passion for the students that come through the institution. I have been magnetized to the people of High Point, and as a result have chosen HPU to be my home. I’m not entirely sure what job or career path I am going to follow, but I know HPU will be the perfect place to find out.”

What Josh is looking forward to at HPU: “I look forward to being a part of such a fantastic community at HPU, and taking advantage of all the opportunities available on campus. I am also excited to being going to the same college as my twin! We are the perfect compliment for each other and I am glad to have someone like him I can relate to.”

What Greg is looking forward to at HPU: “I am most looking forward to meeting new people, as well as creating a new beginning for myself which will ultimately shape the remainder of my life. As far as attending college with my twin brother, it truly is a blessing. Being so far away from home there is no one else I would rather have on campus. He is my best friend – someone who has known me all of my life, and gets me as well as anyone.”