Senior Spends Summer at Internship in LA

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 21, 2015 – High Point University senior Brenna Austin is on her way to an exciting career in the entertainment industry after completing her summer internship with Entertainment Fusion Group in Los Angeles. Austin, a High Point native and strategic communication major, served as a public relations and events intern for the firm, which manages branding, social media campaigns and celebrity events.

Her daily responsibilities included writing press releases about the firm’s clients, tracking their news clippings and keeping up with the latest celebrity news through social media. She also got the chance to work VIP celebrity and media check-in at red carpet events and assist the firm’s clients with fittings for award shows and other events.

One of her favorite experiences was attending the “America’s Next Top Model” season 22 premiere party. She also mentions the time she sent actress and singer Hilary Duff a shirt designed by one of the firm’s clients and Duff posted a photo wearing it on Instagram.

Austin says the internship provided her with lots of first-hand experience and reassured her that entertainment is the right industry for her future career. She credits HPU with preparing her to be successful in such a high-profile job.

“Every professor and staff member at HPU has helped me with my internship,” she says. “Starting with my freshman year, I was always encouraged to keep striving and continue working hard, and the courses I’ve taken in my major have definitely helped me with my written and oral communication skills.”