Student Explores the Broadcast Industry Through Summer Internship

Cameron Scott 2HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 19, 2015 – High Point University rising junior Cameron Scott is learning from experienced television news anchors at his summer internship for Fox 5 in New York City.

Scott, a Queens, New York native, is spending his summer as a “Good Day New York” and sports intern for the news station.

His responsibilities include editing sports highlights and games, researching future guests for the “Good Day New York” morning show and shadowing and assisting anchors and reporters at the news station.

“I am so blessed for the experiences I have had at this internship,” says Scott. “My most memorable moment thus far was being able to attend a New York Mets game and interview players alongside Fox 5’s sports anchor.”

Scott attributes his success at Fox 5 to his coursework at HPU.

“HPU has prepared me for a major market such as New York,” says Scott. “The professors we have in the communication department have all lived the lifestyle of the broadcast industry, and the equipment that we use is top notch. I loved being able to walk in my first day already knowing how to use their equipment.”

With a major in communication, Scott plans to be a sports anchor following graduation.

“This internship has given me an opportunity to work in every area of the industry,” says Scott. “I have been given the knowledge from HPU and the experience from Fox 5 to jump into a career with full confidence.”