HPU to Host Air Force Photographer Stacy Pearsall

HIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 11, 2015 – High Point University will host former Air Force photographer Stacy Pearsall at 7 p.m. on Sept. 23 in The David L. Francis Lecture Hall at Earl N. Phillips School of Business. The event is free and open to the public; tickets are not required.

Pearsall’s work will be on display at the High Point Museum from Sept. 23 to Nov. 24. On Sept. 23 at 5 p.m., she will speak at the photography exhibit reception.

Pearsall is the two time winner of the “combat photographer of the year.” An injury in Iraq in 2007 ended her military career, but not her service to her fellow veterans. She will share her inspiring story and photographs at the events.

“I’m thankful to have the opportunity to exhibit my work and also share the tales of the brave men and women I served alongside during my time in the military,” says Pearsall. “If it weren’t for their courageous, often heroic, acts I would not be here to pass along their stories. If my words don’t articulate my feelings, I believe my images will.”

She got her start as an Air Force photographer at the age of 17. During her time in the service, she traveled to over 41 countries. Now combat disabled and retired from military service, Pearsall continues to work worldwide as a freelance photographer, and is an author, educator, military consultant, public speaker and founder of the Veterans Portrait Project.