Class of 2016 Outcomes: Christian Flamman Generates Leads in NYC

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Christian Flamman

Hometown: Setauket, New York

Major: Flamman will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and a minor in Marketing, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Flamman accepted a position as a Business Development Representative at SocialBakers, a social media analytics company in New York City. In his position, Flamman will work with an Account Executive or Director of Sales to create the foundation of the early stages in the sales process, including reaching out to companies in a specific market, discovering their needs and bridging the sale. He previously worked for SocialSign.in for more than two years while a student.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me in many ways. But what I think that has helped me most, is that I was fortunate to not only have amazing teachers, but have entrepreneurship and sales classes that helped me better diversify myself. This is ideal for the industry I’m going into (once a start-up technology company). Pairing up my past work experiences with taking numerous entrepreneurship and sales classes (entrepreneurial management, sales leadership, negotiations, etc.) has helped me be the ideal candidate that assisted me in landing this job. These two departments at HPU were instrumental for the success of my future.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have been extremely fortunate to have great leaders at High Point guide me in the right direction. The entire staff at Career and Professional Development has been a huge help to me in the job decision process. In addition to them, both Kathy Elliott (who runs the Entrepreneurship program) and Larry Quinn have been extremely helpful in this process as well. It has been amazing that I have gotten insight from so many intelligent people, who have had such great experience in the business world, and have transformed those experiences into directing me into perfecting my job search skills, and landing a job that I really wanted.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU has been getting involved in the Sales program here. It has taught me so much about the industry and has prepared me to pursue and being a career where I control my own destiny.”

Advice for underclassmen: “There are a ton of steps to take and the sooner you start, the better. Get an internship in the field that you want to be in. In addition to that, being an active user on LinkedIn is extremely important. Not only having an up-to-date profile, but following the companies you want to work for, and engaging with your connections is so important, and it’s a fantastic way to not only get noticed, but to continue conversations though the job search process. For a last piece of advice, stay extremely organized, and build your network; I believe that it is vital to any job or internship search.”