Class of 2016 Profile: Lauren Mantikas Manages Dental Office

With Commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Lauren Mantikas

Hometown: Glastonbury, Connecticut

Major: Mantikas will graduate with a B.S. in Biology, with a minor in Business Administration, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Mantikas accepted a position as an Office Manager and Patient Coordinator for Dr. George Mantikas, a dental practice in Naples, Florida.

How HPU helped you get there: “The professors make the school. Each and every professor that I have ever had knew my name right from the start and treated me as a peer. I am very appreciative of the opportunities professors gave me and the respect they showed me every day.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Jeffrey Taylor gave me an opportunity to conduct research in the biomechanics lab. At the time, I was only a sophomore wanting to begin my undergraduate research and he broadened my horizons by allowing me to work on various research projects throughout my time at High Point University. Because of Dr. Taylor, I had the opportunity to present my research at the American College of Sports Medicine conference in San Diego, California. I will forever be indebted to Dr. Taylor for not only giving me exceptional research experience but by being a great mentor and giving me opportunities that most professors wouldn’t.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Summer experience was by far the most impactful time that I had at HPU. Having the opportunity to spend a month at High Point before the start of the semester not only eased my high school to college transition, but it also allowed me the chance to get a head start in classes, build relationships with professors and set me up for a successful college experience.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Your time here may not be easy, but work hard and never take no for an answer. If you want something badly enough, make it happen.