Class of 2016 Outcomes: Jennifer Pascale Manages Projects for Ad Agency

Name: Jennifer Pascale

Hometown: Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Major: Pascale graduated with a B.A. in Communication, with a concentration in Journalism, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Pascale accepted a position as a Content Generation Specialist and Project Manager at Shift Now Inc., an ad agency in Greensboro, North Carolina. In her position, Pascale will generate short and long-form content for clients and support new business initiatives outside of the office.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has given me hands-on experiences in the classroom, so when I went into my internships and interviewed for potential jobs, I already knew how to use the equipment. As a student ambassador, I tell students who are visiting that one of the greatest things about this school is that I feel ready to be in the professional world because that’s how they treat you in class. Classes are not just lectures here. They are meant to put you in an environment that is applicable to the working world, so the transition from college to that first job can be with ease.

I used Career services all four years. In my first two years, I was using it for resume building and formatting, as well as trying to land an internship. The last two years have been a combination of internship and job search.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor has been Joe Michaels. This year was his first year, but I feel like he has already become a big part of my life. He is the former director for NBC Today in New York. I am currently one of the directors and anchor for HPU News, which Joe oversees. He has always been there to encourage me and help me along the way.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment was when I was inducted into the Communications Honors Society – Lambda Pi Eta. It was kind of a moment of realization of how hard I have worked throughout my four years and how passionate I am about what I do. Definitely one of those ‘feel good’ moments.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved! If you want to be successful, get involved in clubs, groups, organizations, get internships… it really is all about who you know. Networking is a big part of landing that internship or job. If someone can give you a contact at a company you want to work at, that could be your foot in the door to land your dream job.