Graduate Student Receives Award For ‘Top Presentation’ at Conference

HIGH POINT, N.C., May 3, 2016 – Allison Green, a student enrolled in High Point University’s masters program in strategic communication, won the award for top graduate student poster presentation at Eastern States Communication Association Convention in Baltimore, Maryland.

Green’s poster, titled “The Who and How of Enhancing College Students’ Health Awareness and Behaviors: Comparing Peer/Professional Spokesperson and Narrative/Expository Messages,” focuses on increasing public awareness about meningitis, specifically for college students.

“Presenting my research reminded me not to be nervous and be confident,” says Green. “Having the ability to solely focus on this for a year and have a topic that is relevant in today’s college society was an amazing feeling. Seeing others outside of our HPU family take an interest in discussing my yearlong research truly shows that all of my hard work had paid off. I would have not received this award if it wasn’t for HPU. Having professors that are knowledgeable, passionate about research and determined to see their students succeed is a refreshing feeling.”