Class of 2016 Outcomes: Chas Bassing Creates Financial Plans

Name: Chas Bassing

Hometown: Great Falls, Virginia

Major: Bassing graduated with a B.S.B.A. in International Business, with a minor in Finance, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Bassing accepted a position as a Financial Representative and Team Captain at Northwestern Mutual in Greensboro, North Carolina. In his position, Bassing creates personalized financial plans for clients. As a Team Captain, Bassing assists with intern communication and helps recruiter identify new candidates for the internship program. He previously completed a year-long internship with Northwestern, where he received the “Top 100 Intern” recognition out of 4,000 interns across the country.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me by giving me access to the Career & Professional Development center. This team has helped me go through several drafts of my resume to land an internship each summer. HPU also offered me an environment that breeds success. I also used the career center’s PantherLink to find internships.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “In general, the teaching staff here has always been helpful and caring to assist students in understanding the material and coaching towards success.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was founding the Zeta Phi chapter of Kappa Alpha at HPU and being the Treasurer for two years. This gave me the interest to go into the field I am currently in.

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to do internships. It is the only way to learn what you like and, more importantly, what you don’t like.”