Class of 2016 Outcomes: Clara Osmont Works as Account Manager

Name: Clara Osmont

Hometown: Little Silver, New Jersey

Major: Osmont graduated with a B.A. in Graphic Design, with a minor in Entrepreneurship, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Osmont accepted a position as a Retail Account Manager at Patrón Spirits Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In her position, Osmont helps promote the company’s brand to potential clients, and ensures customers are satisfied and informed with Patrón’s products. She also helps host and plan company-sponsored events.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me with an education that far exceeded the average classroom experience. My professors ensured that I received one-on-one attention and taught me valuable lessons. Their unwavering support gave me the confidence to pursue not just any job, but my dream job. Being a Division 1 athlete for the university also taught me discipline and time management. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I hadn’t decided to attend such an extraordinary university.

The Career & Professional Development center was a great help to me. The center was where I came up with my final resume draft. They also assisted me in perfecting my LinkedIn profile.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Kathy Elliott was the one who encouraged me to continue trying to make my app a reality. She pushed me to compete in the entrepreneurship competitions. She was always in my corner giving me confidence. That kind of support is invaluable.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Beating 21st ranked JMU in lacrosse. When we beat JMU, it was the first time in HPU history that any school sport had beaten a team ranked in the top 25. As a Division 1 athlete you live for those moments. They’re what make the 6 a.m. lifts, grueling conditioning sessions and 3-hour practices in the rain worth it. We felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment. Our hard work and determination had paid off.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take full advantage of the amazing resources and people available at HPU. There’s truly no place like it!