Class of 2016 Outcomes: Jeff LaCoste Represents Kellogg

Name: Jeff LaCoste

Hometown: Amherst, New Hampshire

Major: LaCoste graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: LaCoste accepted a position with Kellogg as a Sales Representative for a territory in New Hampshire and parts of Maine and Vermont. In his position, LaCoste will maintain customer relationships with grocery chain district managers and store managers in an effort to secure stronger product distribution and to increase sales on Kellogg’s products, with emphasis on their ready-to-eat cereal and Pop-Tarts.

How HPU helped you get there: “The environment at HPU encourages success. The beautiful campus and amazing facilities inspired me to stay positive and learn as much as I could in five short years. High Point has excellent sales and marketing classes with caring professors who have a passion for helping students learn. My professors, faculty and employees are always smiling and asked how I was doing on a daily basis. I took advantage of Career and Professional Development, meeting with Eric Melniczek who helped me edit my resume and connect me with alumni to learn about specific career paths. HPU provides many opportunities including speakers, events, clubs and other activities to gain professional experience.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn can make anybody excited to come to class every day. I realized I wanted a career in sales after taking his sales class. He knows how to make class interesting. He speaks with excitement and enthusiasm and has great examples and stories from his work life experiences that really connect with what we learn in class.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “NCAA athletics played a huge part of my experience at HPU. Much of my time each day was spent at track and cross-country practice. My biggest moment at HPU was winning the Big South Conference Cross Country Championship my senior year. I am blessed to have earned the opportunity to represent HPU through my years of hard work and dedication to become the best athlete I could. My coaches, team, and the athletic department were a huge part of my great experience. I was able to help develop HPU’s great reputation and tremendous growth through my performance. I will be excited to visit High Point again in the future.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity. Get involved in the exciting activities, clubs and events that HPU offers. Learn from your classmates just as much as you learn from professors. Four years fly by so make every day count.