Class of 2016 Outcomes: Jenna Rosenbloom Serves as VISTA

Name: Jenna Rosenbloom

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Major: Rosenbloom graduated with a B.A. in Nonprofit Leadership and Management, with a minor in Women’s and Gender Studies, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Rosenbloom accepted a position as an AmeriCorps VISTA at High Point University through the North Carolina Campus Compact. In her position, Rosenbloom works with West End Ministries and HPU to develop a partnership that addresses local needs.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped prepare me for my future by giving me the opportunity to learn both in the classroom and outside of the classroom in order to gain a better understanding of what goals I want to achieve in my work and efforts to help those in need. My classmates, teachers and family inspired me to become the person I am today, and I am very grateful for all of the opportunities presented to me throughout my education at High Point University.

I used Career & Professional Development to assist me in adjusting my mindset towards graduating and joining the workforce. I also used it to assist me in gaining more confidence as well as feeling prepared to follow my dreams and passions as I take on new experiences and opportunities in my life. Career & Professional Development helped me narrow down exactly what I want to do in my life and I couldn’t be more thankful for their assistance and guidance.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at High Point University was and still is Dr. Pamela Palmer. As my advisor, she guided me in the right directions and helped me become comfortable in speaking my mind about what I am most passionate about. She opened my eyes to the fact that people are interested to hear what I have to say about issues I have researched and that I hope to make a difference in.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I took my first Women and Gender Studies class and met Dr. Jenn Brandt. I had always been interested in women’s issues, but never realized how truly passionate I was about those issues until I learned more about the history behind it all. Meeting Dr. Brandt helped me realize that I’m not the only person who is extremely passionate about improving the lives of women, and inspired me to continue my education in Women and Gender Studies.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Pursue what makes you happy and what you are most passionate about. Do not be afraid to change your major or change your mind about what you would like to do after your graduate. That is the beauty of High Point University and the resources provided to you; no matter how many times you may change your mind, you will always have a team behind you rooting for you to achieve your goals. Don’t ever give up on what you want for yourself, no matter what.