Class of 2016 Profile: Madison Lewis Generates Sales

Name: Madison Lewis

Hometown: Arlington, Virginia

Major: Lewis graduated with a B.A. in Human Relations, with a minor in Event Management, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Lewis accepted a position as an Inside Sales Representative at Red Ventures in Fort Mill, South Carolina.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point has helped me in countless ways. The professors know what they are talking about, and there is a mentor with experience in every field available… but convincing my teachers to round up my 89.9’s to 90’s has helped me the most as far as relevant sales experience goes. This prepared me to work in sales by using logic and examples to make a point and make a sale. People are hesitant, but you have to push to make the sale.

I also used Career and Professional Development to improve my resume. After working with Abigail Goodman, one of the PCAs in Career Services, my resume looked great, and many companies reached out to me because of it.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor I had at HPU was Dr. David Bergen. I was excited to go to his class and his enthusiasm is contagious. He always instilled in us that if we want to succeed, we have to work hard – but to always do what we love.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moments would have to be when the president first spoke to my class as a freshman, and then as seniors. Looking around at commencement and seeing how much everyone has changed and bettered themselves was an awe-inspiring moment.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take electives that interest you – not just easy ones! I always regretted not taking a graphic design course because I have an interest in blogging. And, of course, have so much fun; it flies by.