Class of 2016 Outcomes: Miranda Sheetz Lands Job at Altria

Name: Miranda Sheetz

Hometown: Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania

Major: Sheetz graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with concentrations in Marketing and Sales and a minor in Communication, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Sheetz accepted a position as a Territory Sales Manager at Altria Group Distribution Company. In her position, Sheetz will sell and execute trade programs to grow Altria’s businesses and its customers’ businesses.

How HPU helped you get there: “The positive environment of this campus in itself is so inspirational. From the utmost caring professors, to world-class facilities and engaging events with powerful leaders, this university is designed to produce the most successful students. With that being said, take full advantage of absolutely everything this campus has to offer. If I could recommend anything, it would be to truly take the time to develop positive relationships with your professors and leave outstanding impressions on them. You never know how they might help you with your future career.

I visited the Career and Professional Development office in January of my Freshman year. My goal was to obtain an internship that first summer so I knew I needed to develop my professional profile. Through multiple visits I polished my cover letter and resume, practiced mock interviews, and set up my LinkedIn profile. These measures are what landed me my first internship with this Fortune 500 Company.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I actually did not meet my mentor until this semester. After accepting a sales offer in September, I figured it might be a good idea to squeeze in a few sales courses before I graduate. I knew it would be beneficial, but I honestly had no idea how valuable these courses would be to me. In the span of one short semester, Professor Randy Moser has become the most impactful professor I have had at this university – fully preparing me for the start of my career. I can’t thank him enough for all that he has taught me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to jumpstart your career planning process. Go to the career center. Also, don’t be afraid to utilize any connections you may have. Lastly, if you’re interested in sales, sign up for Moser or Quinn’s classes!”