Class of 2016 Profile: Alicia Wingate Continues HPU Education

graduateprofilesWith another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Alicia Wingate

Hometown: Galax, Virginia

Major: Wingate graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Wingate will pursue her Master of Business Administration through HPU’s graduate program. After she receives her degree, Wingate plans to to pursue a career in sales or marketing.

How HPU helped you get there: “The sales courses that have been introduced at HPU did not only help me grow my selling skills, but also my knowledge and readiness to enter the professional world. Every business course that I took during my undergraduate career has helped me in some way, whether it be large or small. The professors are willing to work with you in any way possible to help you better understand to material.

I visited Career & Professional Development to help figure out what direction to take with my major as well as perfecting my resume. They also introduced me to PantherLink and Interview Stream, which are both amazing tools to have when a student is establishing his or herself professionally.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Randy Moser. He is always there to help every student not only with his class, but in their future endeavors. He goes above and beyond what is typically expected from college professors. He truly cares about his students and their success.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “This one is tough. I’d probably say that the most impactful moment for me was on graduation day when I walked past all of my professors who helped me get to that very moment. It gave me an overwhelming sense of pride as well as thankfulness for all of their time and dedication to not only myself, but all of my classmates as well.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take the time to enjoy your experience at HPU. Make sure you have an even balance between academics and social events. College is your time to figure out who you are. Don’t be afraid to try new things and meet new people. Get involved on campus in some way, whether that be clubs, sports, Greek life, campus ministries, etc. Go to your professors’ office hours; you won’t regret it. If you don’t understand something, ask. Those four years fly by, so make sure they count!”