Class of 2016 Outcomes: Tyler Lee Designs in The Big Apple

graduateprofilesWith another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Tyler Lee

Hometown: Westerville, Ohio

Major: Lee graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication, with a minor in Graphic Design, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Lee accepted a position as a Junior Marketing Designer at Yext, a global digital location management leader in New York City. In his position, Lee contributes to marketing design efforts with a specialization in print, presentations, data visualizations and digital web design.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point helped me gain the skills and confidence to really go after whatever I set my mind to. I’ve grown so much and learned so many things, not just from my classes and teachers, but from organizations that I joined, speakers who came to campus, and living in an environment where you’re inspired to dream big.

Career and Professional Development also helped me get my LinkedIn profile ready for my job search, and prepared me for what to expect in my interviews.

Tyler Lee 1Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would be Janis Dougherty. As my professor and advisor to the Graphic Design Club, she challenged me to push my ideas further and influenced my decision to pursue a career in graphic design.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was going on the Art and Graphic Design Club’s trip to New York City. We got the opportunity to visit some of the worlds best design studios, meet designers that we had actually studied in class, and even tour the Google headquarters. It was an experience unlike any other, and I fell in love with the city.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved in organizations that interest you, and take advantage of all the amazing opportunities that High Point has to offer.”