Junior Interns at Discovery Communications

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 28, 2016 – High Point University rising junior Nico Salmon is practicing his sales skills this summer at Discovery Communications, a global mass media and entertainment company.

The Miami native creates client presentations, analyzes ratings, reports on trends, develops marketing plans, executes inventory management and analysis, and monitors performance indicators for the company’s sales campaigns.

Nico Salmon“Through this internship, I am interested in learning as much as I can about the business world,” says Salmon. “Technology has always fascinated me, and I know it is the industry I will be pursing. Internships help me build my network, teach me work ethic and expose me to a corporate environment. By attending meetings, I see and learn how business is conducted on the professional level and in the real world.”

As a business administration major, Salmon is grateful for everything HPU has done to prepare him for this internship.

“HPU has helped me gain the confidence I needed to enter the business world,” says Salmon. “During my time at HPU thus far, I have met successful entrepreneurs such as Biz Stone and Marc Randolph and heard their experiences. I have also learned how to properly conduct myself in a business environment.”

Salmon also credits his success to HPU’s Office of Career and Professional Development.

“I have always turned to HPU’s Career Services for guidance,” says Salmon. “They have helped me build my resume, present myself professionally, explore internship opportunities and secure them.”