Class of 2016 Outcomes: Kristin Stazzone Begins Graphic Design Career

graduateprofilesWith another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Kristin Stazzone

Hometown: Tewksbury, New Jersey

Major: Stazzone graduated with a B.A. in Studio Art, with a minor in Event Management, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Stazzone accepted a position as a Junior Graphic Designer at Green Room Communications, a PR firm in Boonton, New Jersey.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point helped get me to where I am today by giving me the opportunity to push myself and achieve the goals I set for myself. Before college I made a mental list of what I wanted to accomplish. I told myself I wanted to be adventurous, travel the world, be an ambassador for a school I loved, grow as an artist, and meet my best friends. After graduation I went back to that list and realized I had nothing left to cross off. High Point gave me every opportunity to be successful by providing me with encouraging people inside and outside of the classroom.

Career & Professional Development was my second home my last year at High Point. Without Kellie McLeod and her expertise, the materials that I needed for my job search would be missing that little extra touch that High Point always seems to know how to give.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “There are so many people at High Point who became mentors to me for different reasons. The faculty members, including Mark Brown, Janis Dougherty and Benita VanWinkle in the School of Art and Design, have left an everlasting impression on me. Mark Brown connected me with employment opportunities that I am forever grateful for. Benita VanWinkle guided me every step of the way when choosing which direction was best for me at HPU. And lastly, Janis Dougherty’s encouragement is the reason I decided to pursue a career in graphic design. I admire all of their work, so it was amazing to have been taught by so many accomplished people.

Outside of the classroom, if you come to High Point and haven’t met Laney and Salley in the admissions office, it is a must. They are the poster girls of HPU and will brighten your day!”

Stazzone during an alternative spring break trip to Haiti

Stazzone during an alternative spring break trip to Cange, Haiti, during her sophomore year

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My sophomore year, I got the chance to go to Haiti for a service trip led by Preston Davis, High Point University’s minister. He led us to Cange, Haiti, where we brought crafts, lesson plans and donations for the schools in the surrounding areas. We gave them tangible objects, but the experience I received in return meant so much more. I am forever grateful for this experience.”

Advice for underclassmen: “If you see something you might want to do at HPU, don’t hesitate because it’s the fastest four years of your life. Take every chance you get to do everything High Point offers; you won’t regret going out on a limb to do so.

Are you an HPU graduate with an exciting job or graduate school offer? Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!