Class of 2016 Outcomes: Megan Kvedar Sells for Ashley HomeStore

graduateprofilesWith another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Megan Kvedar

Hometown: Lynnfield, Massachusetts

Major: Kvedar graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Sales, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Kvedar accepted a position as a Sales Associate at Ashley HomeStore in Sarasota, Florida.

How HPU helped you get there: “The career fair and Career and Professional Development were at my disposal from the minute I walked in my freshman year, but I did not utilize them fully until junior/senior year. Even still, they were able to direct me to top-notch companies that might be a good fit for me, and the career fair provided me with exposure that was very helpful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn and Randy Moser were by far my most impactful mentors at HPU. Prof. Moser was my first sales professor who allowed me to see that I had a passion and future in sales. Prof. Quinn went above and beyond what any person has ever done for me, in terms of guiding me in the right direction, believing in me more than I believed in myself, and introducing me to every company he thought would be a good fit for my career and future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I went through a number of events senior year that really made me think about whether or not I should be in school. Without the struggles I went through, and without staying at High Point and overcoming these issues, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Graduating and conquering all of this was probably the moment that impacted me the most.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to be your authentic and genuine self in the real world. A lot of the time it will work out in your favor and prove people wrong.