Class of 2016 Outcomes: Graham Billings Lands Position with DraftKings

graduateprofilesWith another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Graham Billings

Name: Graham Billings

Hometown: Marblehead, Massachusetts

Major: Billings graduated with a B.A. in Communication, with a concentration in Electronic Media Production, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Billings accepted a position as a Social Media Intern at DraftKings, a leading Daily Fantasy Sports platform, in Boston, Massachusetts. Billings will pursue employment with the company after his internship is complete. In his position, Billings supports the planning, monitoring and execution of the integrated social channel marketing calendar and helps develop social media marketing plans for all channels, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me achieve my goals by helping me find a passion for digital marketing. The communication professors at this university are world class. I couldn’t have been more blessed than with the opportunity to spend four years at HPU.

Doug Hall in Career and Professional Development was also a huge help in this process. He sat with me and worked on my CV/resumes tirelessly until it was perfect. Without him, I would not be in the position I am today. I had the opportunity to work at the Atlantic Coast Conference, Reebok International Ltd. (World HQ) and IMG College in Winston-Salem becuase of the help I gained from the career services office.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My sales professor Randy Moser. He taught me one of the greatest life skills I’ve ever learned: How to sell myself. He always said that we are constantly selling our own personal brand. He helped fine-tune my elevator pitch, and he’s the reason I am able to interview with confidence today. 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Graduating with my Beta Theta Pi brothers. Those guys were always there for me during the last four years. They made college great by being the people who supported me and pushed me to be the best version of myself. Without them, I wouldn’t have accomplished everything I did at HPU.

Advice for underclassmen: “Stay humble and stay hungry. Having the motivation to always stick it out and hold yourself to a higher standard is a key to success.