Class of 2017 Outcomes: Andrew Greene Sells for Tom James

Andrew Greene

Name: Andrew Greene

Hometown: Woodbridge, Virginia

Major: Greene will graduate with a B.A. in Strategic Communication, with a minor in Marketing, on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Greene accepted a position as a Sales Professional at Tom James in Washington, D.C. In his position, Greene will help clients upgrade their wardrobes with great-fitting Tom James clothing.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has helped me get to where I am now because of the fantastic professors. The professors really believe in each and every student, and they help them reach their full potential. It’s nice having small classes where each professor knows your name and cares about how you do in class.

I used Career and Professional Development to update my LinkedIn for a very professional presence. I also used the office to learn about the career fair which allowed me to meet Tom James on campus.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn is the most impactful mentor I’ve had at High Point. He taught me that a career in sales would fit my personality perfectly. He helped me realize my full potential.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at High Point was my initiation into a fraternity. Pi Kappa Phi has helped me grow not only as a student, but also a person. Greek Life is a great opportunity to grow your connections and relationships. After I joined a fraternity I have made the dean’s list for the last six semesters.

Advice for underclassmen: “Use all of High Point’s great resources. Join clubs around campus, use the office of Career & Professional Development, and focus on growing and becoming a better person each day. If you follow this advice, success will follow.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.