Class of 2017 Profile: Charlie Kissel Sells for Quoizel

Charlie Kissel

Name: Charlie Kissel

Hometown: Bay Head, New Jersey

Major: Kissel will graduate with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Kissel accepted a position as a Sales Trainee at Quoizel, a lighting design and manufacturing company in Charleston, South Carolina. In his position, Kissel will assist field sales personnel to merchandise products in lighting showrooms nationwide while learning about products and gaining sales experience to prepare for a territorial sales position.

How HPU helped you get there: “The PSB Sales Club has given me every opportunity to network and get my name out there to big time companies. It wasn’t until I joined the Sales Club that I was sure I wanted to turn my interest for sales into a career. Professor Larry Quinn is one of the most motivational characters I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and it is because of him that I now feel confident in myself and my abilities to be highly successful in sales. I couldn’t imagine a better environment or group of people to learn the highest level of professional sales tactics than the sales club and classes here at HPU.

Additionally, Elizabeth in Career & Professional Development guided me through the process of building my resume and LinkedIn profile to the highest professional standards. She taught me how to mold my professional image to my specific career goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Akir Khan has kept up with me since freshman year as a success coach and a friend. He is someone I could go to for help academically, but he also has helped me grow as a person. I plan to stay in touch with Akir well after I graduate in May.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the biggest moments for me throughout my four years here at High Point was being introduced to Quoizel by my good friend Daniella Santo. Once I had been in contact with Quoizel for some time, I was introduced to the Director of Sales who has served as a mentor to me ever since.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Surround yourself with the people who are going to make you a better, more well-rounded person. Joining Pi Kappa Phi changed my work ethic and outlook on life for the better.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.