Class of 2017 Profile: Haley Cotnoir Advocates for Boston Red Sox

Haley Cotnoir

Name: Haley Cotnoir

Hometown: Enfield, Connecticut

Major: Cotnoir will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with minors in Marketing and Sales, on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Cotnoir accepted a position as a Street Team Ambassador for the Boston Red Sox in Massachusetts. In her position within the marketing department, Cotnoir will assist with a new marketing initiative the Boston Red Sox recently launched. During the season, she will travel throughout New England to promote and engage fans in the community. On the off season, she will work with the sales and marketing departments to help boost fan engagement all year round.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has given me a platform for success since the first day I stepped foot on campus. The staff, faculty and peers want each and every person to go out into the real world and make a difference. HPU has allowed me to make connections that I never would have anywhere else. Having such an incredible support system in and out of the classroom allows each individual, including myself, to feel at home and want to become a respected leader. I feel confident in the fact that I have grown over the course of my four years here. I am thankful for the caring professors who take the time out of their day just to see me succeed, and for the friendly staff who provide us with comfort day in and day out on this remarkable campus.

Career and Professional Development helped me immensely when I was preparing to send out my cover letters and resume to future employees. The personnel in the office are always more than willing to help, and truly love to see High Point students succeed in and out of the classroom.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor I’ve had a HPU is Professor Larry Quinn. From the first day I met Professor Quinn, to the last day of class I had with him, he has truly inspired me to become the best version of myself. Having him not only as a professor, but as an advisor as well as a mentor has genuinely been such an eye opening experience. Professor Quinn allows each and every person he encounters to feel a sense of pride and confidence in oneself. He has taught me to believe in myself and that I have the power to become a dynamic and inspiring leader, just as he is for all of his students.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment I’ve had at High Point University actually did not take place on this campus. HPU granted me the opportunity to be able to study abroad for a semester in Florence, Italy. This journey gave me the chance to experience the world outside of the one we live in everyday. I was able to appreciate High Point from half a world away, while being able to live out my dream and travel the world at the age of 21. Without this time away, I would have never been able to realize how miraculous this world is, and how lucky I am to have High Point make this a reality.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Go out and get experience! Although we are able to receive a phenomenal education here at HPU, nothing beats real-world experience. Take any opportunity you are given, even if you think it’s not important at the time. Seize every moment, and learn to be flexible in any given situation. College is a time to find yourself, so go out in the world and find the path that is right for you.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.