Class of 2017 Profile: Leah Larson Grows Business for Gartner

Leah Larson

Name: Leah Larson

Hometown: Peachtree City, Georgia

Major: Larson will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, and a minor in Vocal Performance on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Larson accepted a position as a Sales Associate at Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida. In her position, Larson will speak directly with CEOs and CIOs about how Gartner can help them grow and strengthen their business. She will be responsible for retaining and growing current accounts as well as acquiring new Gartner customers.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me immensely get to where I am today. My success coach Doug Hall played a huge role in helping me get an internship for my freshman and sophomore years. From that internship, I fell in love with sales and joined the Sales Club, which introduced me to Gartner where I have a full-time job lined up after college. The Career and Professional Development Center helped me perfect my LinkedIn and resume while I was applying for jobs.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My success coach Doug Hall has been one of my most impactful mentors at HPU. My freshman year, Coach Hall worked with me to build my resume and interview skills. It is because of him that I landed my first internship which jump-started my professional self.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moments at HPU happened in the Hayworth Fine Arts Center singing with the Chamber Singers. There are very few, special moments in your life where you have the opportunity to be a part of and contribute to something bigger than yourself. Being able to sing with the High Point Chamber Singers all over the country has been a magical blessing.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved in what you love. Whether those passions are hobbies or career paths, find clubs and societies that allow you to do what you love.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.