Class of 2017 Outcomes: Sam Fuller Lands Job with Mutual of Omaha

Name: Sam Fuller

Hometown: Wheaton, Illinois

Major: Fuller will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with minors in Sales and Economics, on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Fuller accepted a position as an External Sales Representative at Mutual of Omaha in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In his position, Fuller will meet with insurance brokers and provide group insurance and employee benefits to their clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provides an environment that demands your best. It publicly celebrates the successes of its best students and encourages you to succeed further than you may have thought yourself capable of. The Business School at HPU does an excellent job of simulating real-life career situations such as mock interviews and sales role plays that help prepare students for the business world. The Career Services department is also always there to help students polish their resumes or LinkedIn profiles to help themselves be seen by potential employers.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn was by far my most impactful mentor at HPU. His classes provided more professional experience and inspiration than any other. He reached out to companies and wrote glowing references for me that are the reason I’ve had multiple interviews and job offers before graduation.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU by far was my Maymester trip to Europe. I was able to visit four countries (England, Holland, Germany and Luxembourg) in two weeks and the experiences I had while I was there were unlike anything I could’ve expected. The cultural and professional experiences I had will be memories I’ll have for the rest of my life.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take initiative. Nobody is going to knock on your front door and offer you a job. Get involved on campus and with your professors and don’t be afraid to go after something you want, no matter how big it is or what anyone else thinks. The worst thing that’s going to happen is you won’t get it, and you’ll be right back where you are now.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.