Class of 2017 Outcomes: Frazier Robinson Insures his Future with Mutual of Omaha

Robinson

Name: Frazier Robinson

Hometown: Greensboro, North Carolina

Major: Robinson will graduate with a degree in Business Administration on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Robinson has accepted an Employee Benefits Sales Trainee position with Mutual of Omaha. For a year, he will be learning the ins and outs of the group benefits insurance industry. During this training period, he will be an Associate Sales rep building new business and finding new clients in his region.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provides an incredible environment where you want to learn. They provide opportunities to hear amazing entrepreneurs and business professionals from all over the country that someone would not typically get the chance to do elsewhere. I had great professors who took time out of their busy day to build a relationship with me and help me get to where I am today.  

And, Career and Professional Development Services helped me build a resume and practice for interviews. Without this, I would not have an appealing resume and would be stumbling upon my words during interviews. I am more confident and stronger in my verbal skills because of the help I received.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Akir Khan. You can walk in anytime of the day and he will be available to talk to you about whatever you need help with. He has been there for me since Freshman year and he has had a huge impact on my career at HPU. ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Having the chance to meet Mutual of Omaha, the future company that I would work for. The Sales Club does a great job of making sure students get every opportunity to meet great companies from all across the country. If I did not have that opportunity with Sales Club, then I probably would not be where I am today.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My number one piece of advice would be to utilize every resource and tool that High Point University has to offer. There are so many people who are here to help you find a job, prepare for interviews, help you create a killer resume and much more. This school has so many connections as well. If you do your part and make an effort to create lasting relationships with the people here, I guarantee you will make at least one impactful connection.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.