Class of 2017 Profile: Kenna Winter Begins Management Career

Kenna Winter

Name: Kenna Winter

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio

Major: Winter will graduate with a B.A. in Communication, with a concentration in Strategic Communication and a minor in Marketing, on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Winter accepted a position as a Management Trainee at Uprooted Consulting, a marketing company in Cincinnati, Ohio. In her position, Winter will work with customers, help mentor and development sales associates, and continue to maintain client relationships.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me get to where I am now in various ways. I have had many hands-on projects and clients through my classes. I have applied what I have learned in my classes through different internships. My teachers have taught me the basics and technicalities that will help me with my future career. 

I used Career and Professional Development with perfecting my resume, LinkedIn, and my professional online portfolio. They also helped me look into what I could do with my degree in the future.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Shannon Campbell was my most impactful mentor during my time here at HPU. She helped me with all my classes and made sure everything was on track for me to graduate on time. She was one of my biggest cheerleaders here and I don’t know if I would be where I am without her help and encouragement.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was receiving my bid from Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority. It was one of my best days because it gave me a sisterhood for life that have been there for me since day one. It has been a great few years in this organization and all the events and volunteering it has opened up for me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “As cliche as it sounds, network. Networking and applying to anything you would be interested in will open so many doors. I applied for so many jobs and received many offers – but at the same time, do not settle. Also, as uninviting as it sounds to take an unpaid internship, they are very helpful and have different perks to them that you won’t realize at first.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.