Class of 2017 Profile: Tiffany Jones Pursues Divinity School

Tiffany Jones

Name: Tiffany Jones

Hometown: Weaverville, North Carolina

Major: Jones will graduate with degrees in Religion and Nonprofit Leadership and Management on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Having received the Legacy Scholarship, a full ride to Vanderbilt University,  Jones will make her way to Nashville, Tennessee and pursue a Masters of Divinity. 

How HPU helped you get there: “My education at High Point University has prepared me to be a 21st century learner and community member by helping me develop critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a language of what God’s justice looks like in the world. As I venture off to Divinity School, I am confident that I have been well prepared and will become a better community member because of the mentors and experiences I have had at HPU.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Pamela Palmer has been an amazing mentor during my time at High Point University. She is an engaging professor, a compassionate leader and an accomplished community organizer. I could sit in her office for hours and talk about not only school work, but life and the world of human services. When I think about the kind of impact I want to make in the world, I hope I can do half as much as Dr. Palmer.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I remember opening the email my second year at HPU telling me that I had been selected to be a Resident Assistant in the Women’s Complex. Little did I know that the next two years I would serve some of the most amazing women and human beings this world has to offer. I am so grateful they let me be a part of their first-year journey.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Follow your passions. Listen to what makes your heart beat faster and to what makes your face light up when you talk about it. Money is important, but using your gifts and talents to make a sustainable, meaningful change in the lives of others is far more important.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.