Class of 2017 Profile: Elizabeth Pellegrini Heads to Law School at College of William & Mary

Name: Elizabeth Pellegrini

Hometown: Pittsford, New York

Major: Pellegrini graduated with majors in Business Administration and Political Science on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Pellegrini will further her education by attending law school at the College of William & Mary. She begins classes in the fall.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided so many opportunities for me to get involved on campus as early as my freshmen year. Not only was I a member of clubs and organizations, but I was given the chance to serve on executive boards as well. Founding a nationally recognized business fraternity my freshman year taught me leadership and communication skills that have proven to be invaluable. All the while, I had professors at HPU who were always cheering me on and pushing me to be my best. 

Additionally, I met with Career and Professional Development Services once a year to update my resume and get advice on summer job searches. The most beneficial thing I ever did with career services was personality testing, which reaffirmed my interest in becoming an attorney and helped me stay motivated to achieve my goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “It’s hard to name just one person that had an impact on my HPU career. My pre-law advisors, Dr. Ingram and Dr. Scheidt, were incredibly helpful in guiding me through my LSAT prep, law school applications, and eventually picking a law school to attend in the fall. Their guidance was invaluable throughout the entire law school process.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Being selected as a junior marshall at the Class of 2016 Commencement and leading the processional onto Roberts Lawn. It was such an honor to represent HPU as a top student during a ceremony that I knew I would take part in only one short year later. ”

Advice for underclassmen: “Never lose sight of your dreams and always follow your passion. It’s important to always keep your goals in mind and keep working towards them, even when you encounter a speed bump along the way. Most importantly, never take anything for granted and always live in the moment. Do what makes you happy because life is too short to do anything otherwise.”

With yet another exciting and inspiring Commencement in the books, many members of High Point Univesrity Class of 2017 are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.