Class of 2017 Outcomes: James Ensor Forges a Career in Finance

finance

Name: James Ensor

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Major: Ensor graduated with a double major in Business Administration and Actuarial Science, and a double minor in Finance and Statistics on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Ensor will begin his career as a financial analyst for Cone Health in Greensboro, North Carolina. In this position, he will be analyzing population health and the financial implications associated with insurance contracts. This job involves historical and predicate analytics. 

How HPU helped you get there: “I owe everything to HPU and the opportunities I’ve been provided. The holistic education and experiential learning provided me with unmatched experience during the interview process for my job. My interactions both inside and outside of the classroom have prepared me for the next journey ahead.

Career & Professional Development helped me in numerous ways. Last year I worked with that office to apply for and interview with Old Dominion Freight Line. Then, for Cone Health, I was approached by a senior recruiter for Cone Health via LinkedIn. Lindsay Kremer, a member of the Career and Professional Development Team, was a great resource throughout the decision process and offered sound advice.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Randy Moser has been a great mentor throughout my time at HPU. I met Randy my sophomore year when he became an advisor for my fraternity, Beta Theta Pi. Since then, I have worked closely with him in many different capacities. Randy has been an advisor, a professor, a mentor, and most importantly, a friend.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining my fraternity, Beta Theta Pi. I’ve grown tremendously as a person since joining such a diverse group of men who push each other to better themselves and those around them. I served as the vice president my junior year and the president my senior year. Most recently, I led the way for our colony to become an official chapter through our administrative office.”

Advice for underclassmen: “1. Get involved on campus. 2. Ask questions and be engaged with your professors.
3. Don’t write-off any opportunity provided to you. 4. Be patient – I didn’t find this job, the job found me! You never know what opportunities are available until you step out of your comfort zone. ”