Class of 2017 Profile: Lexie Williams Recruits Talent for Gartner

recruiting

Name: Lexie Williams

Hometown: Mason, Michigan

Major: Williams graduated with a major in Human Relations and a minor in Business Administration on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Williams will begin her career as a Campus Project Specialist at Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida. Her duties will include supporting the Campus Recruiting team in planning and coordinating and executing university recruitment events. She will also screen and interview student candidates for available positions within the company and be their contact person during the duration of their candidacy. Williams will will attend and facilitate on campus events to promote the employment brand at Gartner.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me the network I needed to connect with the right people. If it was not for the students, faculty or alumni at HPU, I am not sure I would have gotten my foot in the door like I did. HPU also provided me with meaningful and developmental experiences that helped me grow as a professional, and gave me situations to refer to in actual interviews. I am a more confident professional thanks to the advice and consulting I received from Career and Professional Development Services. I met with Kellie McLeod from that office every year since I was a freshman. She helped me to decided on a major and ultimately helped me to decide on a job offer. She was there every step of the way helping me develop my professional brand from my resume and LinkedIn to my in-person interview skills.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “That would have to be the Chapel and Religious Life team. Shannon Lefever, Preston Davis and Brittani Chavious have been there by my side for the past four years guiding me spiritually and personally. They have taught me the meaning of community and fellowship and never let me stray from the path that God has paved for me. ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I was asked to speak on an internship panel during Family Weekend my senior year. I spoke to families and potential students about the values of internships and the importance of being proactive. It was a special moment for me because I was able to give back, if just for a moment, the information and guidance HPU had given me. To me, it meant that I had succeeded. ”

Advice for underclassmen: “My biggest advice would be to aim big. REALLY BIG. Never settle or sell yourself short. You really do have the world at your fingertips if you are brave enough to reach for it. Never in a million years would I have thought I would have a choice between three job offers from fortune 500 companies. But I was proactive, used my network and put everything I had into creating relationships and job searching. By believing in yourself and making these connections early on, the opportunities for success are endless.”

With yet another exciting and inspiring Commencement in the books, many members of High Point Univesrity Class of 2017 are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.