Class of 2017 Outcomes: Sarah Moses Secures Sales Position with Staples Inc.

Sarah Moses

Name: Sarah Moses

Hometown: Hopkinton, Massachusetts

Major: Moses graduated with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Marketing on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Moses will make the move to Denver, Colorado to begin the Apprentice Program at Staples. This year-long training program aims to prepare participants in outside sales to make them a successful business-to-business salesperson. Once Moses finishes the program, she will have a full-time position with the company and the opportunity to relocate to various locations throughout the nation.  

How HPU helped you get there: “I was given so many opportunities to get more involved, build my resume and acquire skills outside of the classroom during my time at HPU. I have had the pleasure of learning so much from my leadership in American Marketing Association, my involvement in Zeta Tau Alpha, as well as my membership in the Entrepreneurship Club. With such a close community, I never felt any hesitation to get involved in extracurricular activities.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Hanson was an amazing mentor to me during my final years at HPU. She is the faculty advisor for American Marketing Association and was willing to spend a weekend in New Orleans in order for the executive council of AMA to attend the 39th Annual Collegiate Conference and several workshops that furthered our knowledge about the program and the skills we can learn from it. I highly recommend joining American Marketing Association and having the pleasure of meeting Professor Hanson.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I was visited HPU for the first time, my father, on a whim, requested to meet President Qubein during our tour. Dr. Qubein agreed, and ended up having lunch with my dad and I. He spoke to us for over an hour about the qualities that led me to my acceptance and why I would thrive in the HPU environment. After that lunch, I sent in my decision to attend HPU. Seeing that the president was so willing to sit down and speak of why HPU was the right place for me was one of the biggest selling points for me coming here. I felt that he truly cared for each and every student – even prospective students who visited on college decision day. If it hadn’t been for that lunch, I may not have ended up at HPU or landed the job at Staples in Colorado. Thank you Dr. Qubein, and thank you dad!”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get to know the right people – it will end up being the most important aspect of your life. There is a quote that states “we rise by lifting others” and it is something I strive to live by. Surround yourself with people that you want to see become successful, and people that want to see you grow into a successful person yourself. Do not waste your time with people who do not lift you. People who have supported me since the beginning are the reason that I’m where I am today. More importantly, you can never thank your parents enough for getting you where you are today. I would not be where I am today without the positive energy that my friends and family have given me, and it is the best feeling to know how proud my parents are that I have the opportunity at Staples. ”