Class of 2017 Outcomes: Megan Painter Attends Graduate School at UVA

Name: Megan Painter

Hometown: West Chester, Pennsylvania

Major: Painter graduated with a major in English on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Painter will attend graduate school at the University of Virginia to pursue a masters in English Literature.

How HPU helped you get there: “Not only were my classes instrumental in helping me find where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do with my life, but also the professors I had along the way were so supportive that I truly felt I could do anything I worked for. They were never unrealistic, and sometimes their honesty was hard to hear, but knowing and learning my strengths and weaknesses has only helped me on the road to graduate school. HPU genuinely has a staff of incredibly supportive and caring people who want to inspire you to be extraordinary. ” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “That would definitely be Dr. Carlson. He has always been very honest with me and yet, he was willing to guide me through the confusing and stressful process of applying to graduate school. His expertise and time were invaluable. I never could have done it without him.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I think one of my most impactful moments was presenting at High-PURCS. The anxious, excited atmosphere of the actual event was just as memorable as all the hard work, time, and dedication I put in to get to the presentation. It really solidified my desire to move on to graduate school and continue scholarly work”

Advice for underclassmen: “Shoot for the stars! I truly mean it- I did not think I would get accepted into UVA, but I applied anyway at the recommendation of my professors. After all, it can’t hurt to try, and sometimes it is worth the effort!”