Class of 2017 Profile: Nicole Drinkwater Joins Better Business Bureau

Name: Nicole Drinkwater

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland

Major: Drinkwater graduated with a major in Nonprofit Leadership and Management and a minor in Dance on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Drinkwater joins the Better Business Bureau in Denver, Colorado as a business engagement specialist. In her position, she will provide comprehensive communication and benefit delivery to support accredited businesses. Drinkwater will also provide administrative and supportive benefit fulfillment services to accredited businesses to enhance engagement and relationship building activities directed toward fulfilling BBB’s accredited businesses retention program. Finally, she will conduct yearly reviews of current accredited businesses to ensure they continue to meet BBB Standards for Trust. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s professors and advisers helped me get to where I am today. The sheer amount of opportunities the staff of HPU guide their students toward is exciting. There is always something new happening or something new to sign up for. I have taken every opportunity I was able to, and they have all helped me prepare for life after graduation in different ways.

Career and Professional Development has been my lifesaver at HPU. Kellie Mcleod has always been able to swiftly respond to my emails and meet me for as short as five minutes or as long as an hour. I never felt like my questions were too minuscule or too dumb to ask. I am very grateful for all of her help and all of the help the members of the Career Services team were able to offer me.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Pamela Palmer. I would like to thank her for guiding me through the non profit sector the last four years. She is an inspiration and a dear friend.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Every moment at HPU has been equally impactful. However, I believe that doing service throughout campus and the community during my time as a brother of the Service Fraternity Alpha Phi Omega has impacted my time here at HPU the most.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Start applying for internships and jobs early! Apply for as many as you can. You can never have too many opportunities.”